Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Taylor Beach Rugby

As I mentioned in my previous post, we played Rugby on the beach.  That was a blast!

Unfortunately, since I was playing I was unable to get any pictures, but thankfully Lilly took all these AMAZING pictures.

Explaining the rules...

Picking teams
 Brian, our bus driver, was also once played rugby on the Leinster team. He did a great job coaching us. This is my team, getting ready for the first play. Since I had to take off my glasses because Rugby gets super rough, I couldn't see much the entire game.
 LET THE GAME BEGIN!
 Can I just say that we had NO idea what we were doing...
 I decided that bulldozing was the best method.
GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Brian talking to the other team.
 If you are successfully tackled and hit the ground, you are supposed to let go of the ball, but that didn't always happen...

There I am, on the run again...
 Emily plowed Daniel over at one point when he had the ball.

Great shot!

I'm not sure what was happening here.
 Oh, look! We dropped the ball! It is time for a scrum. Our scrums aren't nearly as impressive, though because we didn't have as many players.

 Another scrum...
 Run, Carlee, RUN! (Oh wait... She wasn't on my team... ATTACK!)

Please don't ask what I was doing in any of these pictures...
 At half-time, we had to move the lines for the rugby field because the tide was coming in and creeping closer to our rugby field! But still, by the end of the game, our goal line was the water...
 For the last play, Brian stuck the ball in between us and made us race to get it.
 Game over! Our team lost, but we fought hard and had tons of fun.
 Apparently, it is a tradition to make a chain and run into the sea. Whoever breaks the chain has to do something ridiculous. Since I already "swam" earlier, I didn't join in. (That is a story for a different time.)
 Everyone ran into the icy ocean. Now, someone was supposed to trip and break the fall in the headlong rush, but they didn't so although they stayed out in the freezing sea for a while and ducked under the waves several times, they never broke the chain.

Lilly also took this lovely picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment