Thursday, December 1, 2016

Inchydoney Beach Adventure

 The beach where we played rugby was Inchydoney in Co. Cork. It was a lovely beach.




With sand dunes...

Long sand beaches...

...and a lagoon area.

RIP Starfish

Bright green seaweed brightened the sand.
 We were warned that the tide was coming in, but it wouldn't start for a few more hours. We were trying to find a way across the channel to go on a hike on the other side.

The water is wide... I cannot get over...
 Finally, we found an ankle deep place to cross and four us were brave enough to test the tide, hiked the route on the other side of the channel. There were lots of lovely sights...




 But we kept a close watch on the time, so we'd get back before the tide came in. Unfortunately, just as we were turning around, a puppy ran up to us from a nearby house...
 The puppy was sweet, but we tried not to encourage it, despite all we did, it still followed us, and Abigail had to take it back.
 I'd take you home, puppy...
As a result, we underestimated the tide, and instead of an ankle deep channel, it was now chest deep. Fortunately, I had my swimsuit on, so I took off my dry clothes and carried them along with abigail's camera and my boots over my head. THAT WATER WAS COLD!

Quite the adventure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment