Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Cork from the Window

 This is an uninteresting tidbit, but I wanted to show you a bit more of the countryside. Most of the pictures I share are ones I take when we are out of the bus. (Mostly because they are far better) But there are tons of lovely sights that we pass on our long drives around the country. Most of these I never get a decent picture of, but I always try. For each part of the country we visit, we spend hours on the bus. This is a taste of the things you see driving to Cork.

The day started out very murky, but the impressive fall colors added splashes of color.

The rolling green flatlands in the middle of Ireland
 The sky was lovely. And all those white dots are sheep.
 Rolling hills once again as he near the coast.
 I wish we would have stopped here. This is the best picture I have of this famous castle, which probably would have been my favorite. It is the ancient Rock of Cashel which is the Castle-turned-monastery where the Gaelic Kings were Crowned. Brian Buru, the man who chased the Vikings out of Ireland, is associated with it.
 This is the other side of the Rock of Cashel which is apparently undergoing restorations.
 The sun finally broke through the clouds in this magnificent display.
I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of Ireland's road scenery. With all that beauty to look at, it is a wonder I got any schoolwork done in the coach.


No comments:

Post a Comment