Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Winter Solstice

Today is the Winter Solstice.

From now on, this day will mark something very special. It is no longer "just" the shortest day of the year, ending with hopes for brighter days in the future.

No. From now on, the Winter Solstice will remind me of the stunning and beautiful Newgrange on a hill above the Boyne River.

Forever emblazoned in my mind is that golden beam of artificial light shining on the floor of Newgrange. I can only imagine how more beautiful it would be to see it in person!

That golden light has spilled across the sand and illuminated the inner chamber of Newgrange for over 5,200 years!

To celebrate this fabulous piece of architecture here are a few videos. And if you haven't read my blog post on Newgrange, it is worth checking out!

Here is one of my favorite songs -- All about Newgrange...

And Brad's video he made for our trip to Glendalough and Newgrange

No comments:

Post a Comment