Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Year Ago Today


           From splashing in frothy, saltwater waves to crawling up the agonizing slope of Croagh Patrick, there are twenty-three people who share memories no one else in the world ever will. When I set off on the journey of a lifetime exactly a year ago, I hoped they would become good friends – instead, they became family.  We shared tears, laughter, stories, frustrations, but most of all we shared love -- A deep unfailing love for each other and the Ireland we experienced together.

                For several years the Lord pressed the verse Ephesians 3:20-21 on my heart. “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine … to him be the glory.” There is something strange in the way God works. He brought together twenty-three people of varying personalities and backgrounds and bound us together through the storms and joys of Ireland into a solid rock of friendship. I hoped to make a few friends.  He gave me twenty-two of some of the best friends I could ever ask for. The memories and friendships we’ve formed are beyond words. 

                We will never be able to replicate the three months we spent together. Those precious days flew by too quickly. But the winds of time can never snuff out the burning light of our friendship. I’m so thankful for these wonderful people who changed my life in ways they cannot even imagine. I cannot thank them enough. 


             





 

No comments:

Post a Comment