Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Best Moment

This happened a long time ago during our trip to Achill Island in Northwest Ireland. However, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.

Most of our plans for the Achill Islands were foiled because of severe fog. But as we were driving away from the one site we were able to see, we made a random stop to see a tower which the pirate queen, GrĂ¡inne Mhaol built. 

It was exciting enough for me to see, but as I tumbled over the low wall, I saw something far more exciting -- fresh horse manure. I stepped around the bend in the hedge fence and saw the best site ever -- Four Connemara greys. 

I hesitated, snatched a picture of the tower (after taking several of the horses) ran inside the tower took a few more rushed pictures which turned out blurry and ran back out to take more pictures of the Connemaras. Diana prompted me to pet them.

Despite, a certain someone's warning not to go up to any horses wandering on the moor, I didn't need to be told twice. 

Fortunately, they were happy to have some attention, and I spent the next few minutes with my arm over one's back scratching its withers. It was fantastic to have my hand dirty from grooming a horse again. 


I'm not sure I'd go as far to say that it was the best day here so far, but it is pretty close. It was probably my favorite moment so far, though. 







Okay, back to the more interesting subject at hand
 The horse in the following pictures is the one I petted.
What is that?

Food is definitely more interesting.

What is going on over there?!

I wasn't the only one interested in the horses.
Any landscape is made better with the presence of a horse.
Check back for new posts about every other day. There are a whole bunch to come! Cliffs, castles, bogs, horses, you name it!

2 comments:

  1. Have you found any carnivorous plants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any yet. But there are some in the bogs, probably just sundews though which would be very difficult to find. We haven't walked through the bogs yet to have the chance to look. :)

    ReplyDelete